Friday 27 October 2017

Schaublin Collets B32 72 65

With the Deckel FP2, I got a box of what looked like big Deckel collets, as used on my Cutter Grinder, but the threads where finer.

A bit of googling revealed the Deckel cutter grinder collets are part of the standard  DIN 6341 - 300 Series, more precise 355. So I assumed it might be the same series just bigger, but could not find any match on size and threads. 29.7x1.693mm ; 15TPI ; 45°/5° buttress
(http://www.schaublin.ch/app/webroot/pdf/cat/5.pdf, threads page 57)

So I cleaned one up to measure and found the VS engraving on the face, never seen it before and postponed my investigation. Then an australian youtube contributer posted a video on restoring an old schaublin lathe, which he had found under a tree. Wow and I recognized the logo :) Back to my google search now I knew they where most likely schaublin collets, so I started searching for old catalogues, and eventually found the spec in the modern catalogue. So I decided to make use of these on my Chipmaster, but could not find any collet chuck for these online. So I have to build my own. And so the journey of learning about collet closers and collet chucks started.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Chipmaster Gear Cutting

  Calculate all the possible gear combinations for the gear selector to cut a 15TPI thread: Imperial TPI C 5 24 20 Imperial TPI ...